This page describes preventative maintenance steps that are critical to facility managers. Preventative maintenance is a series of routines, procedures and steps that are taken in order to try to identify and resolve potential problems before they happen.
This is a group edit webpage so feel free to log on and make any necessary changes.
Outdoor Air Intakes
- Check for airflow obstructions
- Clean intake louvres
- Clean bird screen
- Confirm that any automated dampers are working
- Clean up any debris near intakes
- Check for any new or previously unknown pollution sources near the intakes
- Check for stagnant water near intakes
- Field verify outdoor air flow rates
- Check the condition of filters in the rack
- Check for any air bypassing filters
- Check pressure drop across filter section and replace dirty filters
- Replace damaged or wet filters
Air Handling Unit